RETURNS & REFUNDS
- The items are returned within 30 days of purchase : and
- The item is returned is saleable condition. That is the item is unused or not be broken or tampered with.
- A valid original receipt must be present; and
- The item is not subject to the exclusions listed below
Our staff will assess the item to determine whether a refund or exchange will be offered in accordance with our return policy. If the above conditions are not satisfied a 15% restock fee will be applied.
Please note: Delivery costs are not refundable on returns, If you wish to return and item you are required to pay for all associated costs.
Excluded Change of mind items:
Please choose carefully when purchasing as the following items are excluded from our Returns Policy and will not be accepted for a refund or exchange
- Special order items where items have been specifically ordered for you.
Damaged or Faulty goods:
- We recommend you immediately inspect any items that we deliver to you or that you collect from our store, to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the items are of good quality and match the description we have provided to you.
- If your item arrives damaged, please ring the store or email immediately so we can resolve the issue quickly.
- All warranty claims are to be made to BBT Japparts accompanied with original invoice/receipt.
- All costs of return items postage, transport, freight, travelling expenses, hiring tools and insurance must be paid by the customer.
- BBT Japparts will not be responsible for any consequential loss or damage, loss of income or down time due to failure of any item/part sold.
- Limit of liability shall not exceed the original purchase price for item/goods sold.
- We will not be responsible for any implied warranty
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing BBT Japparts has no liability for and is not required to provide warranty service under this warranty if it relates to mis-using or abuse of the item
- Tampering with the item in anyway.
- Making mechanical adjustments inconsistent with the manufactures instructions
- Not having taken reasonable steps to prevent damage or failure from occurring to the item
- Neglecting or otherwise failing to maintain the item in accordance with manufacture instructions
- Repairing or carrying out work on the item by any person other than a qualified representive ( ie: mechanic/electrician etc)
- Damage caused by solvents or water entry into the product
- Incorrect or insufficient fluids or oils, improper installation or application.
- Over heating or heat tabs removed, accidental damage, overloading or misuse.